Monday 12 May 2014

Final design


Final outcome.
 
I feel that my final outcome was extremely successful because with all the information that I gathered about sickle cell anemia, the design was a combination of that. however I do believe that there is room for improvement. For the reason that in researching sickle cell anemia there wasn’t enough imagery to represent sickle cell and that it was I planned to focus on the most. This made it a little bit difficult for me to come up with any design ideas.
 
 

I got a lot  useful feedback from my tutors and peers about the way I should go about designing it before I constructed it. I constructed my model with wood because however it was difficult to think of material I would use in the real world. My final design was far too complicated and difficult to construct in real life, so I asked my tutor for advice. He advised me to just make it and experiment using different materials. I was able to experiment on Cardboard, Hardboard and Polypropylene. He also told me to look at existing structures that are similar to mine. A lot of decorative structures outside of shops like B&Q or Homebase have a few structures in from of it made out of plywood. so plywood is an option. My tutor also showed me some stone sheets. These looked very interesting. I was lucky that my tutor had a few samples so I was able to feel the texture of it, however I was not able to use it to experiment on it.


 
I began to play around on Photoshop to bring my model to life. using the colours of the haemoglobin molecule, I was able  to colour the molecules in. This makes the structure much more striking and attractive to the eye. A lot of my peers advised me to include bright colours and within researching about sickle cell anemia and coming across these haemoglobin molecules, I was able to directly use the for and colours to create this! I feel that this is successful. however what does bother me is that I didn't incorporate the shape of the sickle cell red blood cells and I feel that that design is much more obvious in relation to sickle cell anemia. However my tutors are very pleased with my final outcome and feel that it demonstrates my concept very well!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment