Monday 25 November 2013

Final Design - Project 2

 
 
 
 
I began to look at existing buildings around my area. This is a Cinema in Ilford, and as you can see the glass panels are placed in a way that makes it look like the glass is curved. This is the kind of technique I would like to use on my house.
 
 
Looking at existing building and structure made it easier for me to actually visualize what my building would look like and see exactly how it would be made in the real world. There's no point in making a design if you can't build it in reality right!

 
Looking at the shape of he building and the way the tiles are placed so it create an illusion of a circular shape it the sort of technique I would like to achieve on my final design.
 
However sadly taking into account all the material I was able to use, my original design was way too complex and would have been extremely expensive too if it was mostly made out of glass. I was able to quickly change my design. I did however keep some things the same. I just made it into a structure that was able to be designed in the real world.

 
I liked the illusion of a circular for being created with materials so I left that in. I still used a fair amount of glass too.



 
The house still consists of two floors and as you can see I still took the same shape of my original house here.

Here is my floor plan of the house. It is a one bedroom apartment for perhaps a couple.

 
However after I presented my design to my fellow class mates, many of them insisted in turning the house upside down. They said that this made the house look way much more interesting! So I decided to leave it this way. A couple of trial and errors but I was able to make a successful house that would be able to be made in the real world.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment