Thursday 5 September 2013

Making It Up: Photographic Fictions

We took a trip to the V&A Museum. Here we visited the Memory Palace exhibition, Then looked around at other exhibitions around the Museum. I found them all really interesting. We visited and exhibition called Making It Up: Photographic Fictions.
 

This display includes photographs by some of the most influential contemporary artists, such as Gregory Crewdson, Duane Michals and Cindy Sherman, alongside examples by 19th-century practitioners including Julia Margaret Cameron, Clementina Lady Hawarden and Oscar Gustav Rejlander.
 
 
I love the work of Cindy Sherman. I am very familiar wither work as I did a few studies about her in Sixth Form. I think here work is absolutely phenomenal. I love the way she is in the majority of her photographs are pictures of her. Sherman uses herself as a vehicle for commentary on a variety of issues of the modern world: the role of the woman, the role of the artist and many more





No comments:

Post a Comment