Monday 17 February 2014

Design ideas - Mobile home

Looking at the structure and form of the Dukw, I would like to combine this technique within my final design. I like the way that it is a combination of a boat and a car, this enables it to run on land and float in water. this would be useful for natural disasters like floods.



 
Looking into the tiny house project I decided to take on board some of the aspects. Many are stick-built homes permanently attached to trailers for mobility. Jay Shafer, founder of the tiny house movement believes that people should be allowed to live as simply as they choose. This is the same message I would like to put across. Tiny houses are luxurious, because they are easier to take care of and allow their owners to spend more money on pleasures.


Tiny houses are built on trailer platforms and typically, they are between a hundred and a hundred and thirty square feet.
 
I have been looking at combining a tent of some sort with the DUCW vehicle features.



I have been looking at combining these two techniques as I really think this will be a good design for a mobile home as it is unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment