Monday 17 February 2014

Deisgn ideas for my client

Before designed I prepared a list of questions to ask my client so that my design is successful and fit to her needs.
  1. How much time do you spend in the living areas, bedroom, kitchen, art studio etc.?
  2. How much time and energy are you willing to invest to maintain your apartment?
  3. If you are thinking of extending, what functions or activities will be housed in the new space?
  4. What kind of spaces do you need, e.g bedrooms, bigger kitchen, family room, bathrooms, etc?
She said that she would like her art studio to be the largest place as she spends most of her time in there.
She I willing to invest a lot of time to maintain her apartment.
I she is willing of extended her apartment, she suggesting that the living room be more spacious.
She would like to have a medium sized bedroom, a small living room, a kitchen, a bathroom and an art studio. To make the apartment look more spacious she would like it to feature some sort of open plan.
 
As you can see in the plan below I have considered all of my clients needs. There is an open plan through the kitchen, living room and the art studio.
 
 
Here I have designed a floor plan of he house. My client would like it to keep her apartment basic and simple. She would like her art studio to be combined with her apartment, so we both discussed ways in which we can join these two elements together.

 
Our initial design idea was to simply knock down the walls of both sides of parallel apartments to combine the space into one.

Our second design idea was to attach the art studio either side of existing buildings. However this idea seemed too complex, so my client preferred the initial idea.
She would like her apartment and art studio to be situated in Brooklyn, for the reason that she has always wanted to live there in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment