Tuesday 28 January 2014

Modernism


I decided to take the approach on Modernism. So I began to look at various architects whom convey this.

Modernism took on a new life after World War II, particularly in the United States, where modern movements aesthetics, sleek, machine-like simple combined with such technologies as the steel frame and glass curtain walls to produce cost-effective skyscrapers and shopping centres.

I looked at architects like Le Corbusier, Erno Goldfinger, Mies Van der Rohe, Walter Gropius and Richard Neutra.





 
Design Ideas
 
I was able to use all my research as starting points to help me design my own designs. I looked at many ways in which I would make my design look original and unique. I like the idea of using geometric designs so I attempted to do so throughout my designs.
 



 
I looked at ways in which I could design my house in a similar style. Although most of my designs looked similar to every other design. I was mostly interested on my house sustainable and unique. I liked design idea number 3 and wanted to develop it further.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment