Tuesday 8 October 2013

3D Design - Day One

Day One

On the first day of 3D we looked at ways to support a structure. we participated in a series of mini tasks in which we created a structure, and a support. this enabled us to consider how we interacts with objects and form.

First we were asked to design structures from random things that our Tutor said. like creating a structure from our door number ..

 
Creating a lamp from our favourite clothing. in this case I drew a top and worked my way around it to create a lamp!

 
Creating a car park and shopping centre from two vertical lines, one diagonal line and two horizontal lines.


Creating a form of transport from one circle, one triangle and one square ..
 
Creating a piece of jewellery from the design under your shoe!

 
Creating a mobile phone in the future!

 
Designing a plan for a two bedroom apartment.

 
Then after we were asked to design a structure that was able to hold a water bottle. we were given limited resources and material! I found this task extremely challenging however it was a complete success!

 
I tested my structure out using pens and pencils.

 
I began to add extra stationary to make sure the structure was stable.

 

 
Then I done a photo shoot of my final design.






 
Then I carried out the test to see if the structure was able to support the water bottle and it was!

 
Moving on from this we then had to create a structure strong enough to support ourselves. again we were given limited resources. I found this  task much more challenging from the first one but I thoroughly enjoyed it.


 
I began to just improvise with the materials given to create a structure.






 
Once again my structure was a success. My structure was able to support my weight!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment